A naked man who broke into a Warrawong house and confronted a young woman, later told police he intended to return to her home, a court heard yesterday.
Wayne Jones allegedly smashed a window to gain entry to the 22-year-old woman's unit early on October 9. He made clear his intention was to have sex with the woman, the court heard yesterday.
During a police interview after his arrest, Mr Jones allegedly said he was glad the woman's window had not been fixed.
"That's good because I intend to go back," he allegedly said.
With regard to not having the victim's consent, police claim Mr Jones said: "I don't give a shit, you don't have to ask for permission."
Yesterday the 55-year-old, who has been in custody since his arrest, appeared in Wollongong Local Court via video link to make an application for bail.
He is charged with aggravated breaking and entering with intent to commit a seriously indictable offence - namely sexual intercourse without consent.
Dave Coulton, for the Director of Public Prosecutions, said police held fears for the victim's safety and the wider community.
While Mr Jones had no criminal history, the allegations against him were "quite disturbing", Mr Coulton said, in opposing bail.
Jones had made it "quite clear" he had entered the Carlotta Crescent premises about 1am for sexual intercourse "despite the obvious lack of consent" from the victim, Mr Coulton said.
Mr Jones had been to another unit prior to the break-in, and had been told to leave, the court heard.
Solicitor Garry Leo said his client was under the influence of alcohol and drugs when the alleged offence occurred and was unlikely to reoffend if he steered clear of such substances.
He said Mr Jones would agree to strict bail conditions, including a curfew and daily reporting to police. But Magistrate Michael Stoddart said the community needed protecting.
He ordered Mr Jones be remanded in custody until his next court appearance on January 9.