The Fredericks family has had a retail presence in Jamberoo since the 1920s.
The family has occupied the heritage-listed Allowrie Street building since 1961.
The building dates back to the 1880s and the Fredericks family took over the premises from the Prior family.
The original store, located 100 metres along Allowrie Street, was founded by Mr Fredericks's grandfather, Ernest Fredericks, in 1924.
Brothers Eric and Alwyn Fredericks would later run the two stores concurrently, from 1961 to 1990.
The general store, known to locals as "Fredo's", has been operated by former Kiama councillor Trevor Fredericks and his wife Carmel Goldsmith since 1991.
In 2002, the building underwent renovations in keeping with its heritage theme.
The facade was given a facelift, timber shelving was removed to reveal more of the building's traditional architecture, and lino was removed to reveal a hardwood floor.
The serving counter remained, at the request of the Jamberoo community.