Eighteen months after WIN Stadium's roof buckled, the NSW government still won't release its report into the incident - or even confirm if such a report exists.
On the afternoon of September 20, 2011, the roof of the newly constructed western grandstand buckled in strong winds.
Two days later, Sport and Recreation Minister Graham Annesley confirmed an assessment was under way to determine the cause of the incident. In November last year, Mr Annesley said responsibility for the report fell under Minister for Finance and the Illawarra Greg Pearce.
When asked this week about when the report would be released, a spokesman for Mr Pearce declined to give a time.
"The insurance companies involved in the project are still to conduct their own investigations into the matter," the spokesman said.
"The government does not wish to prejudice the outcome of any further investigations or court proceedings.
"As a result, the government is not in a position to comment at this time."
The spokesman even declined to confirm whether or not the report had even been written, stating that "it wouldn't be appropriate to comment while the insurance companies are conducting their own investigations".
Wollongong Labor MP Noreen Hay said the government's responsibility was to the public and not the insurance companies.
"Quite frankly, I think if the government calls for a report, if the report is handed over, then it's time to release it," Ms Hay said.
She said 18 months was long enough to wait.
"I, along with everybody else, have been waiting for that report because I expressed my concerns at the time," she said
" I was concerned at that time [because] one would assume tenderers would have had to take into account the kind of weather conditions right on the ocean front.
"I was very concerned to know how the collapse of that roof had come about. I've been waiting, along with everyone else, and I do not understand why the government hasn't released that report as yet."