A woman jailed for the kidnap and murder of Matthew Digby is set to challenge her conviction.
Lauren Mae Batcheldor has filed an intention to appeal both her murder conviction and 24-year sentence, which was handed down in the Supreme Court sitting in Wollongong last year.
The Albion Park Rail woman lodged the appeal notice just days after she was sentenced to a minimum 18 years behind bars for Mr Digby's death early in 2010.
She has until May to file the grounds for the appeal.
Batcheldor's lawyer William Whitby told reporters last year his client was keen to clear her name.
"Her case has always been that she did not kidnap Matthew Digby and that she had no intent or knowledge that he would be harmed in any way," he said.
Mr Digby's demise came weeks after Batcheldor discovered that the 35-year-old had hocked a gold chain that was stolen from her home in January 2010.
After a confrontation at Mr Digby's home and a slew of phone calls, Batcheldor and co-accused Richard James Walsh arranged to speak to Mr Digby at Beaton Park.
The meeting turned ugly when Mr Digby was detained and driven to an undisclosed address.
During an altercation in the garage, Mr Digby was killed.
His body was found chained to the front passenger seat of a burnt-out car at Mount Murray on January 25.
A jury found Batcheldor and Walsh, who was sentenced to at least 21 years behind bars, guilty of the murder.
Sentencing the pair, Justice Geoffrey Bellew said the chain of events leading to Mr Digby's death had started with the break-in - a matter which could have been simply reported to police.
"The end result serves as a stark reminder of what can occur when people inappropriately choose to take the law into their own hands," he said.