The contentious $57 million Shellharbour City Hub project continues down a tenuous path with Shellharbour Mayor Marianne Saliba forced to use her casting vote four times to award tenders for the project.
Contracts for structural and civil services ($376,000), hydraulic and fire services ($267,300), electrical and mechanical services ($414,500) and quantity surveying services ($110,000) were all awarded on Tuesday night.
Cr Saliba and councillors John Murray and Helen Stewart all voted in favour of awarding the contracts, with councillors Peter Moran, Kellie Marsh and Paul Rankin maintaining their opposition to the project.
The absence of Labor councillor David Boyle, who has previously expressed support for the City Hub, meant Cr Saliba was once again forced to use her casting vote as she did last month.
Last month, with Cr Murray absent from the meeting, Cr Saliba's second vote was used to break a 3-3 deadlock and award a $1.2 million architectural contract.
On Tuesday night Cr Stewart reiterated that the key moment for the City Hub project would be in August next year, when the council awards a construction contract, adding these reports were needed before a decision could be made.
"I can't make an informed decision without all the information in front of me," Cr Stewart said.
However Cr Marsh said it was depressing to see the amount of money being spent considering no final decision had been made.
"We keep chocking up the dollars on the go ... no decision has been made but it is still very costly."
The City Hub project has an allowance of $4.4 million for consultancy works.
The project will provide new administration offices, new council chambers, a library, museum and civic auditorium.
The $57 million project will be funded through asset sales, developer contributions and a loan. Completion is December 2016.