The next few weeks can get a little overwhelming, but there are ways year 12 students can reduce their stress and go into their exams with a clear head.
Psychologist Virginia Williams, honorary fellow at the University of Wollongong, shares her top tips for stress relief:
• Plan ahead for your exams and make sure you know your schedule.
• Know your ‘‘stress signs’’, such as a racing heart or withdrawing from company, so you can nip any freak-outs in the bud.
• Know what works for you when you are stressed. Whether that’s exercise, catching up with friends or just taking a few minutes to meditate.
• Don’t get caught in negative thought cycles.
• Stay in contact with friends and family. Social support is the best way to reduce stress.