Electric shock worker critical

A 33-year-old contractor suffered an electric shock while working at the Kiama Leisure Centre yesterday afternoon.

The man suffered a cardiac arrest and was treated by paramedics, who were called to the scene about 2.30pm.

He was later transported to Wollongong Hospital in a critical condition.

Kiama council issued a statement saying the leisure centre had been closed until further notice but that it anticipated it would reopen today.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop