CELEB GOSS: Ryan Gosling quiets break-up rumours

Film shot from The Place Beyond the Pines.

Film shot from The Place Beyond the Pines.

Ryan Gosling quiets break-up rumours

Ryan Gosling has put rumours to rest he’s split from girlfriend Eva Mendes.

The Hollywood heartthrob was pictured at the weekend driving what appears to be the actress’ car.

In photos published by X17Online on Monday, Gosling was seen taking the wheel of Mendes’ grey Lexus SUV, despite multiple reports the pair had split.

‘‘Looks like Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes aren’t broken up after all! I mean, why else would he be driving her car to a meeting at the Beverly Hills hotel on Sunday?’’ the outlet reports.

Rumours have circulated for months the couple were on the rocks. 

Just last week, InTouch magazine reported the actors had split due to differing lifestyles and mutual reluctance to take the next step in their relationship.

Meanwhile Life & Style Weekly reported the couple ‘‘just knew it was time’’.

Gosling and Mendes started dating after meeting on the set of 2011 film The Place Beyond the Pines.

Mendes’ spokesperson blasted the claims, calling them ‘‘just another round of rumours’’.

CM

Beyonce, Obama ’affair’ rumour scotched

Rumours that Beyonce Knowles and US President Barack Obama had an affair have been short lived after the photographer who started them retracted his claims.

French newspaper Le Figaro had published claims by photographer Pascal Rostain that the Washington Post was investigating rumours of an alleged romance between the music superstar and the president.

The Washington Post dismissed the claims as ‘‘definitely not true’’.

Rostain had originally claimed in a radio interview that the world would soon hear of the affair.

‘‘It’s all going to come out tomorrow in the Washington Post ... about an alleged affair between Barack Obama and Beyonce,’’ he had claimed on Europe 1 radio overnight.

However he later told celebrity website www.public.fr he never said that.

‘‘No, I never said that. I said that there are American journalists working on a story, and that they might be revealing it one of these days,’’ he said.

‘‘Apparently Barack and Michelle haven’t been getting on very well for many weeks. Based on what I know, it’s pretty icy between them. But I don’t know more. the Washington Post has been working on this story for many weeks’’.

Neither Beyonce nor the White House have commented on the claims.

AAP/CM

Obsessed Paris Hilton fan arrested  

A German man has been arrested outside Paris Hilton’s Los Angeles home, a day after he turned up at the property and reportedly professed his love for the socialite.

The overzealous fan is said to have arrived in the US on Thursday night and gone straight to Hilton’s mansion, where he pleaded with her security guards to grant him access.

He allegedly appeared ‘‘extremely drunk’’ and was told to leave, but he returned on Friday to try his luck again.

Police were called to the scene and the man, whose identity has yet to be released, was arrested for possession of cocaine.

According to TMZ.com, the man had tattoos of Hilton inked all over his body.

Hilton was not at home at the time of the incidents. She was at New York Fashion Week with her sister Nicky.

The hotel heiress and reality TV star previously spoke of her stalker fear in 2011 after obsessed fan James Rainford attacked her then-boyfriend Cy Waits outside a Los Angeles courthouse and then violated a restraining order months later by showing up outside her Malibu estate.

She has since spent a fortune on new security measures.

WENN

Amy Adams’s rep: Valentino photo appalling

A representative for actress Amy Adams has criticised bosses of designer brand Valentino for using a photograph of the star at Philip Seymour Hoffman’s wake - branding the stunt ‘‘truly appalling’’.

The fashion company came under fire after releasing a picture of Adams carrying a red Valentino handbag at a memorial for Hoffman. 

The caption with the photo read, ‘‘We are pleased to announce Amy Adams carrying the Valentino Garavani Rockstud Duble bag from the Spring/Summer 2014 collection on Feb. 6 in New York.’’

A representative for Adams has now issued a response, telling E! Online that the actress isn’t a paid spokeswoman for Valentino.

‘‘The suggestion she would use this moment to participate in a promotion is truly appalling,’’ the representative said.Valentino bosses issued an apology for the mistake soon after releasing the photo and expressed regret over the incident.

WENN

Jamie Oliver to open Australian pop-up

Jamie Oliver.

Jamie Oliver.

Britain’s naked chef Jamie Oliver is opening another Ministry of Food centre in Australia.

The popular cook announced on Tuesday he was looking for a location to open up a pop-up version of the kitchen and learning centres, which are designed to inspire ‘‘even the most inexperienced cook’’ to learn to cook a meal from scratch.

‘‘Come on Australia, tell me where you think is the best place for a pop-up kitchen, and let’s make it happen,’’ he said.

The pop-up kitchen will operate for 12 months, and like the Ministry of Food centres in Ipswich and Geelong, will offer practical food cooking courses.

‘‘Our dream is to have a Jamie’s Ministry of Food kitchen in each State and Territory,’’ Oliver said in a statement.

The chef will announce the winner of the national search during a visit to Sydney in March.People can nominate their town on www.jamiesministryoffoodpopup.com. 

AAP

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop