Family flees Cringila chip blaze 

Emergency services were called after a woman accidentally set fire to part of her Cringila home while cooking at about 5.20pm on Thursday.

The woman had been using a deep fryer to cook fish and chips in the kitchen, which caught fire after she went downstairs to check on one of her children.

While the woman and her children fled the house, a neighbour doused the flames with a garden hose. Fire fighters  confirmed  that the fire was extinguished.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop