Why Prince Harry split from Cressida
Prince Harry and Cressida Bonas ended their relationship ''suddenly'' after a heated argument on Sunday prompted by, of all things, concerns over money, close friends have disclosed.
The couple had been due to fly to America together to attend the wedding of the Prince's friend Guy Pelly on Saturday, but Miss Bonas had to pay for her own £650 ($1180) air fare and did not want to spend so much money if their troubled relationship was doomed. She chose to grasp the nettle and confront the Prince over their future, which resulted in a ''bit of a bust-up'' and the decision to go their separate ways.
Friends suggested that the pair ''might both regret it'' and could get back together at a later date. However, Miss Bonas, 25, was said to have been unhappy for some time, partly because of the strain of being in the public eye and partly because the dance graduate was feeling ''frustrated and unfulfilled'' at her inability to pursue a career on the stage while dating the Prince.
Prince Harry will now fly to Mr Pelly's wedding without Miss Bonas, accompanied by his brother the Duke of Cambridge, who could use the flight to Memphis to offer some advice after his experience of temporarily ending his relationship with the then Kate Middleton in 2007.
While the Prince can look forward to drowning his sorrows, Miss Bonas went straight back to the daily grind yesterday, heading off to work in Soho. Miss Bonas, who works in marketing, trudged along the pavement with her hands in her pockets and with her bootlaces undone.
A friend said: ''Cressida was due to go to the wedding but she was paying for her own ticket, and she could only just afford it. She has never complained about paying her own way, though she has been hard pushed to do so.
''The widespread opinion that she is a wealthy heiress is complete rubbish, so it was quite a stretch to go to Guy Pelly's wedding. Guy is not a close friend of hers so there would have been no point in going if she and Harry were splitting up.''
The Prince and Miss Bonas would both have flown economy class - as they did when they visited Africa together last year and when they flew easyJet to go skiing - because the Prince has to keep down the cost of air fares for his bodyguards when he travels privately.
Miss Bonas, who earns around £20,000 and prefers not to rely on financial support from her parents, does not have the sort of money at her disposal to keep up with her boyfriend. A friend said: ''The media has frequently commented on her dress style but it's very difficult to turn up at so many occasions when you are expected to wear something different each time.''
Friends made clear that while the timing of the row may have been prompted by the imminent trip to the US, the row itself was not about the air fare, but was about the couple's long-term future and Miss Bonas's increasing unhappiness.
Miss Bonas, who studied dance at Leeds University and at the Laban Conservatoire in London, has never been able to reconcile the knowledge that she would have to choose between Prince Harry and her aspirations of a career on the stage.
She felt ''frustrated and unfulfilled'', friends said, ''but she never got cross about it''. Even more problematic was her inability to go anywhere without being photographed by members of the public with camera phones.
''The mobile camera phone menace has become a nightmare for her,'' said a friend. ''Everyone has a mobile phone - imagine how you would feel if every time you stepped out of your door ordinary people started pointing mobile phone cameras at you.''
Friends said the couple have ''paused for a breather'', suggesting that they could yet get back together. Before they met in 2012 the Prince, 29, spoke about the difficulty of finding anyone willing to take on the role of being his princess-in-waiting.
''He will miss her and I think she will miss him,'' said a friend. ''But if it is going to end then it is better that it ends now rather than after a marriage. I am sure Cressida will be OK, but Harry may have problems. Cressida has calmed him down a lot over the last two years.''
The Telegraph, London
Jennifer Lawrence tops sexiest woman list
Hollywood star Jennifer Lawrence has been named the sexiest woman in the world, topping the annual countdown of the top 100 by FHM magazine.
The Hunger Games actress has succeeded last year’s winner Mila Kunis, who slipped to sixth place.Former Coronation Street star Michelle Keegan is the highest ranking British name, and is runner-up overall.
Broadcaster and food writer Nigella Lawson made her debut on the list at number 21.
At 54, she is the oldest person on the list.Lawrence, 23, who dates British actor Nicholas Hoult, has become a huge star on the back of her role as Katniss in the Hunger Games series, and landed a best actress Oscar last year for Silver Linings Playbook.
Model Emily Ratajkowski, who appeared naked in Robin Thicke’s video for his single Blurred Lines, is the highest new entry at number four.
Kate Moss, who turned 40 earlier this year, has returned to the list once again at number 42.
Prince Harry’s now ex-girlfriend Cressida Bonas is at 45.
James Franco admits kissing Lindsay Lohan
Actor James Franco has given Lindsay Lohan’s lovers list validity by finally confessing he locked lips with the actress.
Franco’s name appeared on a list of men Lohan had scribbled while in rehab last year.
A photo of the scrap of paper was taken by one of the actress’ acquaintances and was published by a US tabloid earlier this year.
The accuracy of the list was called into question when Franco insisted he had never been intimate with the Mean Girls star.
But he eventually owned up to his romantic encounter with the actress during an appearance on shock jock Howard Stern’s satellite radio show on Wednesday, although he still maintains there was no sex involved.
‘‘All right, we maybe kissed,’’ he said.‘‘It was lame. When we made out it was so long ago.
'‘I was, like, a nice guy. The kiss is enough. It was also like, ’What the hell am I doing?’ She was young.’’
Franco said was in the middle of shooting Spider Man 2 when he and Lohan hooked up.
The actress would have been 17 at the time.
They had another bedroom encounter years later when Franco was staying at the same hotel as the actress while studying at UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles).
‘‘We were at this hotel during a very dark period of her history and... it seemed pretty damn clear that she liked me.
‘‘She even broke into my room one time.I was on the couch and opened my eyes and there’s Lindsay in my room at 3am!’’
Miranda Kerr speaks to Bloom ’every day’
Miranda Kerr speaks to her ex Orlando Bloom ‘‘every day’’, the supermodel has revealed.Kerr and the Hollywood A-lister, the father to her three-year-old son Flynn, are currently working through divorce proceedings after they split in 2013.
‘‘We are very good,’’ the 31-year-old told Harpers Bazaar.
‘‘We speak every day. We’re really close, we’re going to be a family forever and we really do love one each other. We have genuine love and respect for each other. We’re very connected and I feel grateful for that. We created something beautiful together and we both remind ourselves how lucky we are to have that.
‘‘He’s a great dad. I’m lucky.’’
Kerr said Flynn was cheeky and charming, with a little British accent, like his dad.She said splitting from Bloom was a challenging period in her life and she turned to meditation and prayer to remain positive.
‘‘Everyone goes through challenging periods in their life. That’s inevitable and it’s part of being human.
‘‘I feel like it’s a daily process to be positive. It’s something that’s a choice and I have different tools, like meditation, even prayer - my grandmother taught me to pray when I was young - and just finding that inner peace.’’
Miley Cyrus postpones two more concerts
Miley Cyrus has been forced to postpone two more concert dates, this time in Europe.
The 21-year-old pop singer’s May 2 date in Amsterdam and May 4 appearance in Antwerp, Belgium, on her Bangerz tour have been pushed back to June.
Cyrus’ symptoms from a severe allergic reaction to antibiotics have returned and doctors will not allow her to travel, a statement said.
Cyrus was forced to postpone her US tour until August after treatment for a sinus infection went awry, but expected to be able to keep her European tour on track.
The statement says Cyrus still expects to make her London appearance on May 6 as planned.
The Antwerp show has been rescheduled for June 20 and the Amsterdam concert will be held June 22.