Jackman’s Wolverine injury a close shave
Hollywood star Hugh Jackman has told how he suffered an intimate injury after trying to cover himself up in a nude scene while wearing his Wolverine blades.
The actor had been fitted with the lengthy metal blades on his hands when he tried to hide himself from female workers on set, leaving himself with a wound to the top of his thigh.Jackman - who has played X Men character Wolverine several times - told of his accident as he appeared as a guest on British chat show The Graham Norton Show.
The 45-year-old star said: ‘‘There was a very intense first scene and I insisted on a closed set. I ran round the corner and all the female members of the crew were gathered there.
‘‘I tried to cover myself and cut my inner thigh - it was just the inner thigh thankfully. The metal claws had to go - you can’t have bits and pieces flying off.’’
Jackman - soon to be seen in X Men: Days Of Futures Past - told how he has to spend six months training to get into shape for his role as the mutant superhero.
Due to the frequency of his appearances, he had spent a total of 18 months keeping his body in check for his most recent stint as Wolverine.
His co-star Michael Fassbender - also a guest on the chat show - praised his colleague’s commitment to the gym.‘‘His discipline is incredible - he is up and in the gym at 4.30 in the morning, every morning,’’ Fassbender said.
‘‘When we arrived there was a ’Jackman’ effect and we all started training to try and keep up.’’
Authorities close Longoria’s steakhouse
Health district closed Eva Longoria's female-focused Vegas steakhouse yesterday, but staff say it's back open today: http://t.co/EE9QmsjHY8— Michelle Rindels (@RindelsAP) May 2, 2014
Health inspectors in the US have closed Eva Longoria’s female-focused steakhouse in Las Vegas for violating food-temperature regulations.
The Southern Nevada Health District reported it closed SHe by Morton’s on Wednesday.
A woman who answered the phone at the restaurant on Thursday afternoon declined to comment on the inspection, but said the steakhouse was open for dinner.
Inspection records show the restaurant received 21 demerits Wednesday related to keeping food at proper temperatures and maintaining accurate thermometres.
Health district spokeswoman Stephanie Bethel says restaurants are allowed to reopen when they correct the violations and inform health officials.Longoria partnered with Morton’s steakhouse to open SHe in late 2012.
It’s inside the Crystals shops at the Aria casino and features a catwalk and smaller portion sizes for female customers.
Miranda Kerr and Flynn arrive in Australia
Miranda Kerr has touched down in Sydney with son Flynn to launch her new Royal Albert teaware collection.
‘‘Thank you for such a great flight qantasairways #happytobehome,’’ Kerr tweeted soon after she landed at Sydney International Airport.
She attached an Instagram photo of herself inside the plane’s cockpit flanked by two happy pilots and wearing one of their hats.
Qantas soon tweeted back, saying: ‘‘You’re welcome Miranda! Great photo - see you again soon :)’’.
Despite the long flight from Los Angeles, the 31-year-old looked fresh-faced in jeans and flats and she and a giggling three-year-old Flynn posed happily for photos with fans in arrivals.
‘‘Its miranda kerr like what she’s so perfect like i thought they made her up,’’ tweeted Sasha.‘‘MirandaKerr I know I couldn’t believe my eyes, she is gorgeous,’’ wrote Elsa Hunter.
Kerr, who grew up in the small NSW town of Gunnedah, left Australia and moved to New York five years ago, marrying and later splitting from British actor Orlando Bloom, the father of Flynn.In February, Kerr’s relatives in Australia issued an extraordinary public plea for the supermodel to come home amid claims they haven’t seen her in ‘‘over a year’’.
It came after her mother Therese Kerr stepped down as general manager and chief executive officer of her daughter’s skincare line Kora Organics, sparking rumours of a rift between the pair.
It’s unknown whether Kerr will be visiting her family while she is in the country.She’ll launch the tea collection on May 16.
Gwyneth Paltrow sale crashes Goop
Gwyneth Paltrow’s website has crashed after she used it for a ‘‘super classy yard sale’’ of old clothes including items once owned by Miranda Kerr.
The 41-year-old announced the sale on her lifestyle site GOOP, which she famously used to announce her ‘‘conscious uncoupling’’ from her now estranged husband Chris Martin in March.
Paltrow donated some of her old clothes as did many of her friends, with demand so high the site went offline for a while.
‘‘Last year, we did a big story on closet organisation, and in the process, sold a handful of pieces on behalf of three charities,’’ she said.
‘‘It was such a success that we decided to do it again, and enlisted some friends-of-Goop, who have particularly outstanding personal style, to help this year.’’
Among those to offer up their worn items was Paltrow’s close friend Kate Hudson, who donated a Balenciaga gown. Several dresses and tops which belonged to Kerr were also up for grabs, along with some of Nicole Richie’s Christian Louboutin shoes.
Beyonce Knowles also got in on the action, donating footwear from her The Mrs Carter Show world tour.The money raised will go to DonorsChoose, a charity which helps teaches get help for students in need.
Pete Doherty hopes for big concert fee
Peter Doherty Doesn't Beat Around the Bush, Says Libertines Reunion Is 'for the Money'... http://t.co/qazCENPhyf— The Daily Swarm (@thedailyswarm) May 1, 2014
British rocker Pete Doherty is hoping for a hefty fee from The Libertines’ reunion this year after production costs left the band out of pocket following its 2010 comeback.
The cult rockers reformed to play Britain’s Reading and Leeds festival after splitting in 2004, and were rumoured to have been paid $US2.4 million ($A2.60 million) for the two performances.
Doherty claims he and bandmate Carl Barat were in fact paid $US384,000 ($A415,472.00) each for the festival appearances, and insists there was little left from their fee after the costs of the shows had been covered.
Now he is hoping to receive $US800,000 ($A865,566.68) when they reunite in London for the British Summer Time Hyde Park event in July.
Doherty tells NME magazine, ‘‘Last time was supposed to be 240k each after tax for me and Carl. But by the time they paid for all the buses and shit there was just a tax bill. This time I think we’re getting half a million each, me and Biggles (Barat).’’