Coach Arrarte quitting South Coast Wolves

South Coast Wolves coach Nahuel Arrarte on sideline duty. Picture: ADAM McLEAN

South Coast Wolves coach Nahuel Arrarte on sideline duty. Picture: ADAM McLEAN

FOOTBALL

South Coast are looking for a new first-grade coach after Nahuel Arrarte confirmed he would not be in charge of the Wolves next season.

Speaking after the club's 2-0 loss to St George, the first-year boss said he had decided to move on at the end of this campaign.

"During the week I spoke to the club and said 'I won't be here next year'," he said.

"I have made the decision not to continue. It is not from this result but the club has already been notified that Michael Santalab and I won't be continuing."

Arrarte also informed the playing group last week that he would be pulling up stumps at season's end.

Assistant coach Santalab will join him at the exit door.

The pair came on board midway through the season, replacing Richard Lloyd.

The Wolves were bottom of the NSW National Premier League at the time, without a win.

Since then the club has flirted with an idea of a finals berth and scored five wins, five draws and four losses in the top grade.

With the finals now well out of reach, the Wolves' focus for the remainder of the campaign will be avoiding relegation and an FFA Cup tie with Central Coast Mariners on August 20.

Arrarte is expected to remain in charge of the South Coast Wolves for the round-of-32 clash at WIN Stadium.

The Wolves will then pursue employing their third coach in less than 12 months.

"The Wolves will fill the position as soon as we can," a club spokesperson said.

The South Coast Wolves Facebook page had put up an expression of interest for coaches in the past fortnight but the post has since been removed.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop