NSW Police are targeting the Shoalhaven - a "high-risk crash area" - as part of a push to reduce the state's road toll.
Operation Saturation 2 started on Sunday and will continue until the end of September.
Centre for Road Safety statistics show 14 people have died on Shoalhaven roads so far this year.
The statistics also show that between 2008 and 2012, 52 people were killed and 1710 injured as a result of crashes in the region.
The Shoalhaven is one of several targeted across the state.
"This campaign is about improving road safety by targeting specific behaviours that are amongst some of the biggest killers on our roads," Roads Minister Duncan Gay said.
"They include speeding, drink-driving, illegal mobile phone use and seatbelt offences."
He said that based on the Centre for Road Safety's crash data, "police presence will be boosted in areas that have been identified as leading locations for fatal crashes this year".
This year's NSW road toll rose to 204, after the deaths of Scott Morrison and Peter Barclay in a collision on Culburra Road on Saturday afternoon.
As of Sunday, 105 drivers, 35 motorcyclists, 25 vehicle passengers, 31 pedestrians and eight cyclists had died on NSW roads.
This is slightly higher than the 198 deaths recorded this time last year.
Traffic and Highway Patrol's Acting Assistant Commissioner Bob Ryan said Operation Saturation 2 would see police working more than 1000 extra shifts between now and September.
The initiative follows on from Operation Saturation, which ran for six weeks in February and March this year.
Under the statewide blitz, police undertook more than 70,000 breath tests and laid more than 3300 speeding charges.
One included a bus driver at Mittagong who was detected travelling at 121km/h in a 100km/h zone.