A positive attitude is key to success in all areas of our lives. With a positive attitude, goals can be achieved successfully, people can work more productively and live happier, more fulfilled lives.
This week I have some specific strategies that people can undertake daily to improve their attitude and create a positive outlook:
1. Rise early and start the day with exercise. Getting outside for a workout while witnessing a spectacular sunrise is one of the most invigorating experiences. It will provide you with energy for maximum productivity.
2. Plan your day. Give each day a purpose. It is nice to clear a "to do" list. You will feel as though you have accomplished set tasks and a sense of satisfaction.
3. Set a non-work-related to-do goal for the day. For example, take children to the park.
4. Visualisation. Concentrate on what you want and visualise yourself achieving it, doing it or being it. This will help you maintain focus.
5. Get adequate sleep. Seven to eight hours prevents fatigue setting in. Often if we are tired, our motivation is low and our attitude suffers.
6. Positive talk and affirmations can redirect thought processes for more confident, proactive decisions.
7. Promote positive relationships with family, friends and colleagues. Surround yourself with people that positively influence you.
8. Time out. Enjoy regular breaks to refresh the mind and body.
Follow these simple tips daily and you will find you can tackle anything that life throws at you much more effectively. Try it!
Angela Saville is director of Savvy Fitness & Anytime Fitness. Check out savvyfitness.com.au.