You’ve come so far, possibly losing a heap of kilos and you’re down to the last five. It is a lot harder to lose the last five than the first five.
Below are some tips in breaking through the last five kilos to achieve your goal weight:
1. Be bothered to. If you can’t be bothered then instead of losing it you’ll gain it and possibly a whole lot more. It might be hard but having to start over will be harder.
2. Eat like an adult, not like a child and take real responsibility for what you eat, how much you eat and how often you eat. Don’t get complacent with your diet. What you have been doing has worked for you but don’t slacken off. Add variety but keep with your recommended caloric intake.
3. Fire up your metabolism, eating often, drinking plenty of water and choosing metabolism-boosting foods, especially raw fruit and vegetables such as lettuce, cucumber, apple and grapefruit.
4. Mix up your fitness training regime. Add new exercises. Vary your usual exercise durations and intensities. If you have been doing the same pattern for more than 4-12 weeks it is time to change it up.
5. Combine both cardio and resistance exercise into your training sessions. Firing up the muscles will produce lean muscle mass which will then in turn lead to burning fat more efficiently.
Angela Saville is director of Savvy Fitness & Anytime Fitness. Check out www.savvyfitness.com.au