A serial disqualified driver who was banned from driving until 2065, has been caught behind the wheel again.
Jason William Blackley, 39, pleaded guilty in Wollongong Local Court yesterday to the latest in a string of disqualified driving offences after he was nabbed driving through the CBD last month.
The Albion Park Rail man has been previously classified as a "habitual driving offender" by Roads and Maritime Services after notching up numerous disqualified driving convictions over the years.
Despite his lengthy driving ban, Blackley readily admitted to being disqualified when police caught him in the driver's seat on September 30, a statement before the court said.
Blackley was heading along Crown St about 10.30am when officers stopped his vehicle for a random breath test.
Police approached Blackley, who was seated in the driver's seat, and asked him to produce his licence.
Blackley was open with police, simply telling them he "didn't have one".
An officer then asked the man: "Are you unlicensed, cancelled or disqualified?", to which Blackley replied: "Disqualified."
Blackley was arrested and taken to Wollongong police station.
A computer check later revealed Blackley was disqualified from holding a licence until 2065 and had multiple disqualified driving charges on his record.
The court was told Blackley had been co-operative with police and appeared remorseful while in custody.
Blackley fronted Wollongong Local Court over the offence this month and was formally refused bail.
Appearing via audio-visual link yesterday, he entered a guilty plea to the disqualified driving charge.
Defence solicitor Danny Lagapodis requested a week-long adjournment, asking for time for a pre-sentence report. Magistrate Michael Stoddart adjourned the matter to October 24 for sentence.