The Illawarra Disability Alliance is honoured to celebrate International Day of People with Disability this Saturday on December 3.
The Illawarra Disability Alliance (IDA) is your member group of local not for profit providers working together to deliver better outcomes for people with disability in our communities.
The IDA believes:
- All people with disability have the right to choice and control
- People with disability have the right to be part of our community and to access community and mainstream supports as well as disability specific ones
- People with disability have the right to share or self-manage their funds if they choose
Under the NDIS people can choose to manage their funds in different ways. You can choose to have the Agency manage your funds on your behalf and pay your providers and supports directly. You can also opt for shared or self-management.
This advertising feature has been sponsored by the following businesses. Click the links to find out more:
- Flagstaff Group
- Illawarra Disability Alliance
- Greenacres Disability Services
- House with No Steps
- Essential Employment and Training
- Cram Foundation
- Life Without Barriers
- Interchange Illawarra
- The Disability Trust
International Day of People With Disability
International Day of People with Disability is a worldwide celebration held each year at the beginning of December and is all about inclusion and equity for people with disability internationally, nationally and locally.
This year the official date is December 3 and the Illawarra Disability Alliance is celebrating in the Shoalhaven, Kiama, Shellharbour and Wollongong LGAs.
This International Day of People with Disability, come along to an Illawarra Disability Alliance member event.
All Illawarra Disability Alliance members are local not for profits.
“We have a shared culture of supporting people with disability in our local community first and foremost,” a spokesperson from Illawarra Disability Alliance said.
Local businesses thrive and innovate
When you support an IDA member you are ensuring:
- You are supported by local organisations who employ local workers
- Your access to high quality support
- You matter in the community
To find out more about local Illawarra Disability Alliance and other events near you, check out the Celebration of Ability calendar available from local councils.
With events planned from November 21 up to Friday December 9, 2016, there’s a lot to get involved with!
Don’t forget to let everyone know about the events you attend.