Whatever form of exercise you do, the body will be put under strain and stresses which often cause us to succumb to injury.
These injuries can be potentially stopped, or their onset delayed, by adhering to a range of following techniques that aim to keep your body moving and healthy.
The many ways to reduce the potential for injury includes:
- Ensure you warm up and warm down including stretches and range of motion exercises before and after training;
- Aim to get a deep tissue massage once a month;
- Use training aids like foam rollers and trigger point balls to release tense muscles;
- Ice sore muscles or injured areas after each training session to reduce inflammation; and
- Ensure you have at least one rest day from training per week.
For more information: chodatfitness.com.au