Two men have been transported to Wollongong Hospital in a stable condition following a chemical spill at Unanderra.
Ambulance officials were called to a recycling centre at Five Islands Road, Unanderra about 10.40am Saturday.
The call was in response to two patients who had suffered burns.
The Mercury understands the men were sprayed with sulfuric acid when a hose burst, and that the spill was also quickly contained within the premises.
According to a NSW Ambulance spokesperson, one man was aged in his 30s, while the other was believed to be in his 60s.
The man in his 60s suffered burns to his leg, arm and torso.
The spokesperson was unable to confirm the extent of the other man’s injuries.
Fire and Rescue NSW units also attended the scene.