Shellharbour and Wollongong business Skin Correctives has picked up two major awards at the 2017 DMK Awards in Sydney.
Skin Correctives won the NSW Clinic of the State silver award and owner Karen Meiring de Gonzalez walked away from the night with the honour of being presented the inaugural DMK Ambassador Award for Mentoring.
DMK Australia & New Zealand managing director Daniel Dickson said it was in recognition of her dedication and integrity of practice. The awards took the form of a glamorous Studio 54 theme at the Hyatt Regency, Sydney.
Mr Dickson said the annual event was about shining a spotlight on businesses and individuals in Australia and celebrating excellence and outstanding achievements in professional skincare. The NSW Clinic of the State Silver Award was taken out by Skin Correctives for high achievement and excellence in delivering skin revision under the DMK concept of Remove, Rebuild, Protect and Maintain.
Mr Dickson said the award recognised quality in client services, facilities, education, and delivery of outstanding skin revision results and customer care.
“Congratulations to Skin Correctives Shellharbour, and to Karen whose selfless contributions in mentoring and educating all in the DMK concept and brand is truly inspiring,” he said.
Mrs Meiring de Gonzalez said she and her team felt honoured to be awarded alongside the best in their industry.
“And winning the Ambassador Award for Mentoring was such a huge surprise,” she said.
“I have been working with the DMK method of skin revision since 1998 and just love sharing and supporting other like-minded therapists and business owners who embark on this life changing journey so we can help more individuals build confidence from the outside in”.
- Skin Correctives among the top three in NSW
- Skin Corrective information session for businesswomen emphasises the importance of the digestive system in skin care
- Illawarra women's awards beyond skin deep
- Wollongong Shellharbour beauty business owner wins national small business award
- Skin Correctives named business of the year at the Illawarra and South Coast Local Business Awards 2014
- Elysa Perry, of Skin Correctives, wins Youth Award at the 2017 Illawarra and South Coast Local Business Awards