With Christmas festivities winding down, the countdown to New Years Eve is on.
Around 15,000 people are expected to fill the greens surrounding Wollongong Harbour with entertainment scheduled from 5pm December 31.
Expect stalls and rides, a circus drop-zone for the children, plus vocal, dance and aerial performances.
Fireworks and light show at 9pm.
If you’re a Hawks fan, they take on the Brisbane Bullets at WIN Entertainment Centre on Sunday. Tip-off at 3pm.
Between 4pm – 10.15pm on New Year’s Eve the following roads will be closed:
- Cliff Road between Georges Place and Marine Drive
- Harbour Street between Cliff Road and Smith Street, including Old Court House Lane
- Harbour access ramp off Endeavour Drive.
- Between 8.30pm – 9.30pm lower Endeavour Drive will also be closed.
- Businesses within the road closure zone will be open as normal.
The entertainment will begin at 5pm with the eat street precinct in Hindmarsh Park, with live music from 7pm. There will also be food stalls and entertainment along the harbour.
The fireworks will begin at 9pm. They will be followed by a series of laser light shows at 9.25pm, 9.45pm and 10.15pm.
Lauries Carnival will operate from 7pm – 10pm at Blackbeach Reserve, Shoalhaven Street, Kiama.
An Underwater Wonderland will be set up in the Tasman Room at the Shellharbour Club from 5pm to 10pm. While for entertainment will be pumping for mum and dad in the Lounge from 6pm.
The Shellharbour Club will have fireworks at 10pm.
The club will have live entertainment, free kids events and activities.
Bands playing around the region on New Year’s Eve
- Backlash: Basin Country Club
- Bad Habits Duo: Currarong Bowling Club
- Benn Allen Band: Hindmarsh Park Kiama
- Biig Willie: Bellambi Bowling Club
- BlueTongue: Coledale RSL Club
- Boombox Cartel + LO'99 + MashdnKutcher + Tigerlily: North Gong Hotel
- Deliberate Strangers: Centennial Hotel Helensburgh
- DJ - Beach House Party: The Quarters Huskisson
- DJ Matt Brown: Tuross Head Country Club
- Feral Flynn: Coolangatta Estate
- Garry Booth: Huskisson Hotel
- Get Shorty: 7 Mile Beach Caravan Park
- Graphiti: Kiama Golf Club
- Hav N Fun Karaoke: Dicey Rileys
- Hawaiian Luau: Club Windang
- IKONZ The Angels & AC/DC Show: Oaks Hotel Albion Park Rail.
- Jamie Parkinson: Vincentia Golf Club
- Jody Yates: Jamberoo Mountain Resort
- Juster Disco: Kiama Grand Hotel
- Last Chance Honey: Bomaderry Bowling Club
- Led by DJ Gold Class & Morgan Harper: Towradgi Beach Hotel
- Lindsay Kerlin: Shoalhaven Heads Bowling Club
- Monkey Business: Fairy Meadow Bowling Club
- Peter Grant Connection: Illawarra Yacht Club
- Pure Diamond Live W/ Platinum: Warilla Sports Club
- Purple Envy: Sussex RSL Club
- Retro Party: Dapto Citizens Bowling Club
- Retrospective Cyndi Madonna: The Lagoon Restaurant
- RnR Revival: Jetty by the Lake Windang
- Roses in Hand +Venetia’s Porch: Wests Illawarra
- Roy Cow Cow Band / Pirate Pete: Berry Family Fireworks @ Showground
- Rusty Catz: Figgy Bowlo
- Shady Rhythm: The Fraternity Club
- Simmo: Fraternity
- Subject To Change: Culburra Bowling Club
- The A Team: Dapto Leagues Club
- The Best Of British: The Beaches At Thirroul
- The Blue Rays: Thirroul BLRC
- The Goyles: Balgownie Hotel
- The Martini Henrys: Berkeley Sports Club
- The Port Boys Hawaiian Night: The Vault Port Kembla
- The Rock Hoppers Westside Rockers: City Diggers Wollongong
- The Villains: Towradgi Beach Hotel
- Tim Thompson: Mollymook Golf Club
- Times Two: Towradgi Park Bowling Club
- Us Too Duo: Club Nowra
- Velvet Grove: Warilla Bowling Club
- Wildfire: Albion Park RSL