When Kiama Independent reporter Danielle Cetinski entered the 2012 Kiama Showgirl competition she had no idea it would lead to a meeting with royalty.
As winner of the competition, Ms Cetinski, 24, has been selected to be among a delegation from the Kiama electorate to meet Prince Charles and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, at a reception hosted by NSW Governor Marie Bashir at the Sydney Opera House next Friday.
"I am incredibly excited ... to have them here, and to see them in the flesh will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience and not one I would knock back," she said.
"I entered the competition because it is good to be involved in the community where you work. I had done some volunteer work in Kiama previously but I thought the showgirl competition would be another good way to do that."
Ms Cetinski said the highlight was the amount of community support for the competition.
"The competition is a great opportunity to see the skill and talent in Kiama," she said.
After taking out this year's competition, Ms Cetinski has gone one step further and is now co-ordinating the 2013 competition.
"After having such a great experience, I wanted to put something back and give other girls the chance to meet some really good people and have some good times."
The Land Sydney Royal Showgirl Competition is open to women aged 18 to 25.
There are some big prizes again on offer - but no guarantee of a meeting with royalty.
For more information, contact 0404 494 921.