- Location Options: Canberra or Melbourne
- Contract: 6 months with 6 months extension option
- Eligibility: Applicants must be Australian Citizens with the ability to obtain an AGSVA Baseline clearance.
The Business Process Analyst works as part of a Project team for different projects under a Claims Management Improvement Program of work, mainly involving in a New Claims Management System, leading work in developing and updating processes, continuously analysis, reviewing end-to-end processes, supporting business process management and improvement initiatives.
The Business Process Analyst will work closely with the Business Analyst, Project manager, Assistant Director, Change Manager and internal process owners to assist in the understanding, defining, clarifying, documenting business needs, process mapping and review.
This role works across the team and the group to gather, document and consult on new claims management system requirements and processes, and then embed into new system development planning.
The Business Process Analyst will be part of a team that:
- Design and conduct workshops with business areas to develop new simplified business processes
- Develop and document end-to-end business processes, ensuring knowledge of operational procedures and workflows are captured in detail
- Develop applicable business artefacts including process maps, detailed business processes/procedures, process performance framework, gap analysis documentation, relevant matrixes, process architecture, high level timelines and any other applicable business artefacts
- Support training sessions for operational users
- Identify and analyse desired outcomes including needs, preferences and pain points and communicate impacts
- Uncover opportunities to leverage new technology capabilities
- Ensure testable outcomes are defined
To be successful, you will have:
- 3-5 years' experience in business analysis, process design, process optimisation and or process mapping in projects
- Experience in performing stakeholder workshops
- Experience in claims migration and workers compensation projects are highly desirable
- Highly developed strategic, analytical, and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft tools like Visio, Word and Excel
- Experience and understanding of process improvement and change management frameworks
- Experience working in the Insurance/Worker Compensation industry will be an added advantage
For further information please call our client manager Iain Cameron 0262010108 or one of our Consultants on 0262010100/ 0386139999