- Established; successful company
- Full-time permanent position
- Work locally and save on travel or hybrid will be considered for the right person
Our client is one of Australia’s leading suppliers of commercial outdoor equipment, established over 30 years ago this organisation offers stability, growth and diversity. The company has a team culture focused on delivering the best in commercial outdoor equipment solutions and innovations combined with superior customer service.
About the Position
Due to continued expansion and growth, this position has become full time, reporting to the Project Designs team leader. The role requires creativity and an understanding of “drilling into a brief” to attain the best possible outcomes. Skilled to “build” a job costing on paper from an idea is essential and requires exceptional listening, ensuring we meet the client’s needs while managing expectations. Knowledge and experience in a similar industry or landscaping is highly desired and those with graphic or interior design backgrounds also considered.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Reading and interpreting tenders/client briefs
- Develop detailed drawings and design solutions to meet brief and achieve best outcomes
- Ensure designs are accurately costed and strategically priced
- Drawing requests are made to the VizCAD team in a timely manner
- Meet acceptable time frames
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
- Impressive portfolio of designs and drawings in generic CAD
- Strong design skills - ability to conceptualise client brief into a fun and commercially viable project
- Experience in estimating, design and budgeting in landscape or playgrounds, will consider training for right person.
- Min Cert 3 in landscape design or other relevant qualification including architecture
- Experience with AutoCAD, SolidEdge and/or VectorWorks, MS Office. Creative Suite
- Ability to listen, read and understand tenders, plans and interpret Australian standards
- Ability to work independently as well as interacting as an integral part of the project team
- Good communication skills; listening, verbal, written and presentations
- Good computer skills; knowledge of basic MS Office Software
If you enjoy working in a professional, friendly team environment where your input is valued, respected and rewarded, this is an ideal opportunity. Attractive salary and conditions will be offered to the successful candidate.
Only candidates who meet our client's criteria will be considered and contacted.