This multinational organisation is one of Australia's leading integrated security service provider with over 3,000 employees nationwide, providing our clients with industry leading security services with our state-of-the-art technology and highly qualified staff. They deliver integrated security solutions including operations technology, aviation, front-line and concierge security services to clients worldwide.
Due to promotion they now have a critical gap in their organisation with their most important, blue chip client. As the Security Services Manager your role will be to lead and manage a team within the business unit to ensure consistent performance to meet client expectations and regulatory compliance. You will also provide timely and effective support to the day of Operations team and the General Manager, Growth & Efficiencies through forward and strategic planning including the management of human resources.In addition you will provide ongoing employee relation coaching to supervisors and prevents escalation of matters within the operational environment.
The key competecies required for success in this role include
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Building business partnerships - Working effectively with internal and external partners such as peers, staff groups (outside the formal line of authority), senior management, and external vendors and suppliers to accomplish organisational goals; using knowledge of internal and external events to anticipate potential problems and to mutually resolve issues.
- Developing others - Planning and supporting the development of individual's skills and abilities so that they can fulfil current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Managing individual performance - Maximising the individual's ability to meet goals and objectives by clarifying performance requirements; facilitating input; setting performance expectations; effectively delegating responsibility; providing support, feedback and coaching to achieve performance goals.
- Operational decision making - Relating and comparing data on operational (i.e., day to day) effectiveness from different sources; establishing goals and requirements that reflect organisational objectives and values, including the importance of continuous improvement; securing relevant information and identifying key issues, relationships, and cause-effect from a base of information; committing to an action after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions and factual information taking consideration resources, constraints, and organisational values.
- Stress tolerance - Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure, or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organisation.
- Work standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed. Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of Aviation Security procedures and legislation such as passenger screening and guarding
- Awareness of EEO and anti-discrimination and harassment legislation and Work, Health & Safety Policy Experience
- Proven experience managing a large, diverse workforce - preferable within a highly regulated industry
Ideally you will possess:
- An Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Current 1A and 2A NSW Security Industry Registry endorsed security license Desirable
- Degree qualified in Management, Security or similar field
- Certificate IV in Risk Management
For more information and a complete job description please contact Alan Claire.
NSW Master security licence number: 400674602