- Great salary package
- Career Progression
- Fantastic Culture
About the Employer
Our client are an Australian based importer and distributor to the electrical engineering and power industry. Originally a family company and in business for almost 25 years, they seek to maintain the passion for service and innovation.
They have a wide range of products sourced locally and internationally from reliable and reputable manufacturers, supplying the engineering, automation, switchboard and OEM industries.
About the Role:
The business is looking for a reliable and driven Storeman / Warehouse Assistant to assist senior sales and management personnel with daily despatches of product, organise freight bookings, manage their storeroom with incoming and outgoing stock, ensure all stock is correctly stored and ordered. Be responsible for stocktake and cycle counting, alongside keeping the warehouse tidy, maintained and a safe working environment.
All of their customers are commercial, and you will be required to communicate with them in a professional and timely manner in order to meet despatch KPI’s. The role is available due to the person in the current position being promoted through the business, there is plenty of opportunity and room for promotion beyond this position for the correct person. Attitude is everything and our client is looking for someone with a can-do attitude who has initiative. Please note there is no trade counter this is a commercial business.
- Fast pace and growing business
- Very positive culture and working environment
- Opportunity for Career Progression
- No travel required
- Despatch; packing orders, freight bookings, dealing with couriers, meeting dispatch KPI’s
- Warehouse & Stock: managing a store with incoming and outgoing stock, organising and storing stock correctly. Keeping warehouse tidy, swept and orderly. Stocktake & Cycle counting
- Sales Assistance; taking phone calls and enquiries, make phone calls to current and potential customers, assisting with purchasing and stock replenishment
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a similar role and environment - not essential
- High level of customer service
- Proactive thinking, strong communication and organisation skills
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude with a willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work in a fast-past environment
- Aspirations for where you want to take your career over the coming years
- Driver’s License and Forklift Licence preferred (training can be undertaken)
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.