Illegal gun, drug sales detailed in Wollongong court

A man accused of running an illegal drug and firearm ring from his Woonona home will remain in custody after his application for bail was rejected.

Corey Errington, 26, faced Wollongong Local Court on Thursday on a string of charges after a three-month police operation targeting the alleged supply of methamphetamine and firearms on the black market.

Police documents tendered during Errington's bail application claim a combination of surveillance techniques and undercover officers would prove Errington was behind at least five separate transactions between February and May in which he sold guns, drugs or illegal weapons to undercover operatives.

It is alleged in the first exchange, which occurred on February 19, Errington sold a shortened shotgun and a .22 calibre rifle for a combined sum of $900.

Eight days later, police say they recorded Errington selling a person a $1000 crossbow, a pistol and 10 MDMA tablets.

On April 16 it is alleged Errington sold another crossbow, this time for $2000, as well as $900 worth of tablets.

Two more transactions, on April 23 and May 14, allegedly netted the undercover officer a further 54 tablets and Errington another $900.

He was arrested and his house searched on May 21. Police seized cannabis, speed, $1990 cash, bullets, live fireworks and two snakes during the raid.

Errington was charged with 19 offences including six counts of drug supply and three counts of supplying a prohibited firearm to an unauthorised person.

Police prosecutor Mark Rollestone asked the court to keep Errington behind bars due to the serious nature of the allegations, and the strong case against him.

He said police held fears he may commit further crimes if released.

However, Errington's lawyer John Gallagher reminded the court the allegations against his client were just that - allegations.

"He can provide surety and there's no risk of interference with witnesses ... owing to the fact most of them are police officers," Mr Gallagher said.

"There's no suggestion he wouldn't attend court when required to do so."

However, the magistrate, Michael Stoddart, refused to release Errington due to the risk he posed.

The matter will return to court on July 16.