There are many ways to prevent an injury, or reduce the potential for one to occur. Regardless of your sport, there are a number of tips, techniques and tricks that will ensure your continued good health. Ways that we can prevent injury include:
- Warming down by jogging and stretching after a training session or match;
- Icing muscles that may have pulled up sore after a session or match;
- Using preventative aids such as foam rollers and spikey balls each day to reduce tight muscles thus causing less strain on ligaments;
- Looking at getting a sports massage once a month or even more frequent if your budget allows;
- Ensuring you warm up and wear appropriate clothing for the environment you are competing in;
- Consuming at least 2 litres of water per day as a minimum target.