FLIP THROUGH THE GALLERY ABOVE for a list of ways to beat boredom this school break – and all for either nothing or less than $5.
The spring break runs from Saturday, September 23 to Sunday, October 8.
Scroll down for more fun ways to spend the holidays (these ones you’ll have to pay for).
- Go on an adventure at the Illawarra Fly with a treetop walk, zipline tour or rainforest hike. Click here for details.
- The team behind The Gruffalo and The Gruffalo's Child return with songs, laughs and scary fun in this stage show at the IPAC. Click here for details.
- Make your own flowerpots, pot up plants to take home and joing the Talking Tree on an adventure at Wollongong Botanic Garden from September 25-29. Click here for details.
- Keep an eye on Dapto’s Kareelah Berry FarmFacebook page for details of their next berry picking days.
- Popular kids comedians The Listies are bringing their best-smelling book Ickypedia Live to the IPAC on October 6-7. Click here for details.
- A variety of creative workshops are on offer at Wollongong Art Gallery. Click here for details.
- The Science Centre is running Mini Makers STEM days for ages 6-10 during the July school holidays. Running for a full day, children will enjoy an action-packed day of science, technology, engineering and maths activities. Click here for details.
- The Early Start Discovery Space at the University of Wollongong has a variety of free and paid workshops available. Click here for details.
- Towradgi Beach Hotel is holding Mini Master Chef kids cooking classes in the holidays. Click here for details.
- Artspace by Big Fat Smile
- Bushwalk the Gong
- C1 Speed Indoor Karting
- Circus Monoxide
- Darkes Forest Riding Ranch
- Flipout Trampoline Arena
- Glenbernie Orchard
- Green Bean
- Hangdog Climbing Gym
- Hangtime Trampoline Park
- Helensburgh Sri Venkateswara Temple
- Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures
- Inflatable World
- Little Leonardo’s Art Studio
- Little Stompers
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- Merrigong Theatre
- Australian Motorlife Museum
- Nan Tien Temple
- Northern Bowl – Ten Pin
- Otford Farm Trail Rides
- Revolution Arena
- Shoalhaven Zoo
- Symbio Zoo
- Wollongong Art Gallery