For the last 58 years Illawarra Radiology Group (IRG) has been providing excellence in diagnostic imaging services to the Illawarra region.
The group is always at the forefront of technology and equipment and to ensure this continues into the future IRG has recently moved to brand new premises in Denison Street, Wollongong.
The new IRG Wollongong site is located just down the road from the Southern IML pathology lab, with provision for ample on site parking and easy accessibility through public transport.
Dr Amey Aurangabadkar from IRG said, “The modern practice is equipped with state of the art brand new imaging equipment to the cost of over $5 million. This includes a 3-Tesla MRI machine which is a wide bore for optimum patient comfort.”
The 3-Tesla MRI is the most advanced scanner available and provides images of exceptional resolution leading to a better image quality and a more accurate diagnosis.
This advertising feature was brought to you by the following business. Click the link to learn more:
IRG is the largest imaging provider in the region with three comprehensive practices at Wollongong, Shellharbour and Corrimal as well as an x-ray facility inside Wollongong Medical Centre.
“Wollongong MRI is a fully Medicare funded magnet, offering bulk billing to eligible studies requested by GPs and specialists. We have recently installed a brand new MRI facility in Shellharbour, offering the option of bulk billing to selected Medicare eligible requests,” Dr Aurangabadkar said.
IRG is part of Sonic Healthcare, a fully Australian owned multinational healthcare company. Being part of a large network providing dedicated medical services across the country also makes highly specialised radiologists’ opinion available for patients.
IRG’s expansive imaging services include:
- MRI - for detailed images of brain, spine, bones, soft tissues, joints, abdomen, prostate and breast
- CT - A super fast exam using computerised x-rays for imaging of the whole body including cancer staging and follow up, angiography of the blood vessels in the heart and extremities
- Ultrasound - can be performed on most parts of the body for conditions including pregnancy, gallstones, varicose veins, muscle tears and liver elastography
- Breast imaging - including 3D mammography, tomosynthesis, ultrasound, breast MRI and biopsies
- Digital general x-ray – for superior clarity and low radiation exposure
- OPG - orthopantomogram for dental and facial x-rays
- Platelet Rich Plasma injections (PRP), HyCoSy for infertility treatment, joint injections under ultrasound and CT, nerve root and facet injections in the spine and biopsies under image guidance
“We strive to create a strong reputation in the region for excellence in reporting and for constantly providing a high quality service to our patients and referring doctors,” Dr Aurangabadkar said. “Patients are always our number one priority so you can rely on us to provide you with a superior level of care.”