The NSW government has revealed little detail about how it will consult with the community over its plan to build a jail at Kembla Grange.
The government announced on Monday it was eyeing off land near West Dapto Road for a new maximum-security prison – and stressed community consultation would take place before any decision was made.
The consultation is expected to include drop-in sessions. A website has also been set up.
“We take community concerns very seriously and want to provide some immediate certainty to Dapto residents and businesses,” a Corrective Services NSW spokeswoman said.
“We’ll keep the community notified of any significant developments in that investigation and will advise of any public information sessions as they are scheduled.”
- ‘Not in our backyards’: West Dapto residents to fight proposed jail
- BlueScope in the dark over plans to build prison on its land
- Hundreds of new West Dapto homes to surround massive prison site
- Where Wollongong lord mayor would prefer to see prison built
- Why a Kembla Grange prison was ruled out 12 years ago