Just a week after impressing with her performance in Stars of Wollongong Dance for Cancer lawyer Diana Foye, of Foye Legal, has waltzed away with the title of Illawarra Business Woman of the Year.
Mrs Foye won out in the most competitive awards in Illawarra Women In Business’s history by taking the title just a few months after Foye Legal and Swan & Co Legal joined forces.
The business at 63 Market Street, Wollongong has plans to expand nationally.
Mrs Foye and David Swan got to know each other well while both serving as Legacy Committee members.
They first met when Mrs Foye was first starting her new business in Wollongong after years working in Sydney.
Since returning to Wollongong Mrs Foye has been to keen to nurture more local talent. She has mentored women in law during her career and taken her Wollongong team from three to 10 in the space of two years.
Foye Legal won Best New Business and was Highly Commended in the Illawarra Businesswoman of the Year at the 2017 and won the Most Outstanding New Business Award at the 2017 Illawarra Business Awards.
Foye Legal has developed its own graduate program that is committed towards investing in our local economy and talent pools.
For the second time running Sarah Nolen, of Birdblack Design, was named IWIB Young Business Woman of the Year.
Illawarra Women In Business Award winners:
- Business Woman of the Year - Winner Diana Foye. Highly Commended Lauren Buhagiar.
- Young Business Woman of the Year - Winner Sarah Nolen, of Birdblack Design.
- Best Business - Winner Wollongong Diagnostics. Highly commended CasaMia Lingerie.
- Best Small Business - Winner PhysioHealth and Sports Injury Clinic. Highly commended Kenny Escapes and Birdblack Design.
- Best Home Based Business - Plan Design Draft.
- Best New Business - Winner Rockshelf Pictures. Highly commended The Champagne Crusade.
- Innovative Business Woman - Winner Lauren Buhagiar, of Active Property Conveyancing.
- Customer Focus - Winner Monique Field of Smile Elite Real Estate. Highly commended Kenny Escapes Food and Wine Experiences.
- Outstanding Commitment to the Community - Winner Maralyn Young of CasaMia Lingerie. Highly commended Nicole Bowman of Dress for Success.
- Champion Networker - Meryl Faulkner, of Making Faces.