FRIDAY June 15
Downtown! The Mod Musical
The Miner’s Lamp Theatre in Corrimal will swing with the sounds of 1960’s London. The latest show to be presented by The Arcadians Theatre Group, the all female cast will transport you back to that much-loved era.
The smashing revue tracks five cool gals as they come of age during those liberating days.
Running until June 23 – including a Girls Night Out performance on June 21 with part of proceed going towards Wollongong Women’s Information Service.
Tickets via https://goo.gl/F3F5RP
Stockland Shellharbour is transforming into a prehistoric swampland for June, with the arrival of a prehistoric crocodile.
Affectionately known as SuperCroc, the realistic model was built in collaboration with a team of palaeontologists and scientists for the National Geographic documentary 'SuperCroc'.
The prehistoric crocodile was one of the all-time largest crocodilians to have ever roamed the earth, ranging between eleven to twelve metres in length and weighing approximately eight tonnes about as heavy as a fully grown male elephant.
- An interactive crocodile photo wall for shoppers to pose with
- Crocodile themed children’s colouring and craft
- Crocodile story time
- SuperCroc himself! 11 metres long and approx. eight tonnes in weight this life-sized model looks like the real deal
Winter Magic Exhibition
Official opening of the Winter Member Magic Exhibition at Project Contemporary Artspace – Burelli Street in Wollongong.
Artworks in all different forms, styles, mediums, skill levels and complimenting contemporary art.
Opening night from 6pm – exhibition running until June 30. www.projectgallery.com.au
SATURDAY June 16
Tickets from $59 for the “King of Improv” – performing at the WIN Entertainment Centre.
Made From Scratch
A multi-artform performance night bringing together a collision of forms and artists at Wollongong Town Hall.
Enjoy raw and rare local talent, with this brilliant line-up including:
- Austinmer Dance Theatre
- Drag collective Socks in Jocks (aka Alana Blakeney, Carlee Heise)
- Miss Aussie Patriot (aka performance artist Kate Bobis)
- Live lipsync from Tall Jan (aka Brendan Donnellan)
- Multimedia satire from Woodcourt Art Theatre
- Documentary short film The Year I Wished I Wasn't Gay(James Christie-Murray, creator of Queer Space)
- Lizzie Bennet Band
- Spoken word artist Emily Crocker
- Stand-up comic and RAW Comedy 2018 heat winnerSamwise Hemmings
- Drag "queen" Geordie McCormack
MC for the night is the charming and hilarious Madeleine Stewart.
TIckets $19 (+BF) from www.merrigong.com.au
Handweavers and Spinners Exhibition
From 9am to 3pm Fairy Meadow Community Centre (Princes Highway)
Entry by Gold coin donation with a lucky door prize.
Demonstrations of spinning and weaving throughout the day
Fashion Parade at 11 am. Credit cards accepted.
SUNDAY June 17
The Song Company
The true story of Guillaume de Machaut & Péronnelle d’armentières – a French romance from a time of storm and stress.
Journey with The Song Company to the coronation city of Rheims in the early 1360s, where, between entertaining the heir to the throne, Machaut begins a serious correspondence with this new and ardent young admirer.
At Wollongong Art Gallery on Burelli Street, 3pm. Tickets via http://song.company/true-love-story/
Nature Meditation Experience
A two-hour workshop to assist with stress and anxiety at Mount Keira Scout Camp – 9am to 11am.
Nature is a great environment to assist relieving the effects of anxiety and stress, combined with meditation and healing exercises you can start or continue the journey to long term healing in a relaxed, non-judgemental and informal atmosphere.
- – be assisted to release anxiety and improve your wellbeing
- – be guided to identify areas in your life which are causing stress and/or anxiety
- – take home techniques to help deal with anxiety and everyday stress
- – cultivate new practices to make positive improvements in your life
- – enjoy a nature experience to rediscover your true self
- – guided meditations
- – journalling
- – nature healing
- – take home information and practices
- – nourishing morning tea
Tickets $40 via www.eventbrite.com.au