Ice Skating is returning to the Novotel with real ice on the way for the July school holidays.
Beachside Ice Skating first came to The Deck at the Novotel Wollongong Northbeach in 2017.
The difference in 2018 is that instead of synthetic ice the hotel is transforming the terrace into a winter wonderland with an open-air ice skating rink using real ice.
The Novotel team are already working with ice skating rink experts to pump thousands of liters of water into a custom-made ice rink mould on the hotel’s terrace.
It will be left for three days to freeze before Beachside Ice Skating 2018 begins in time for the school holidays.
The season will run from July 7 to 22.
Sessions will take place from midday through to 7pm Sunday to Thursday.
Rink-side there will be opportunities for children to enjoy crazy shakes, toasties, popcorn and homemade treats from the pastry kitchen.
But for the big kids there will be two additional sessions for over 18’s only on Friday and Saturday nights from 8pm with live music, DJs and a cocktail bar.
Novotel Wollongong Northbeach general manager Steven Savic said it was a rare opportunity to ice skate next to a beach.
“We don’t get many chances to ice skate on genuine ice in Australia, let alone by the ocean,” he said.
“This winter, the team at Novotel Wollongong Northbeach are inviting Wollongong’s visitors and locals to take advantage of the hotel’s unique Beachside Ice Skating experience,” he said.
What does it cost?
Tickets and skate hire:
- $19.50 for adults and teens over 14 years.
- $15 for children five to 13 years.
- $10 for toddlers two to four years who must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- $55 for a family pass for two adults and two kids.
- Family ice skating and accommodation packages are available from $279 including overnight accommodation, full buffet breakfast, parking, complimentary in-room movie, kids’ fun pack, plus family ice skating for two adults and two children including skate hire.