Getting support with your NDIS is great as social outings can be included but did you know there is a free social network for the disability sector?
You are welcome to join the My Disability Matters (MDM) community no matter what type of disability you have whether it is permanent or temporary or you are a supporter of disability issues and equality and connected to the disability community in some way.
The My Disability Matters Club has been created to:
- Meet new people - make new friends. Some will live nearby and others further away.
- Share and learn - share your experiences to help others and learn from the experiences of others. Ask questions about anything and get help when you need it.
- Discuss - be involved in lively discussions. Sometimes about important issues and sometimes just for fun.
”Our members have a huge range and variety of disabilities: autism, Asperger’s, blindness, deafness, diabetes, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, mental illnesses, amputees and many more,” founder Dale Reardon said.
“I want MDM to be your place to come to for information and advice on issues that are important to you. It is also a place to meet new people and make friends. I am 48 and have been blind since the age of 17. My seeing eye dog Charlie is nine and is my fourth dog.
This advertising feature has been sponsored – click the link to find out more:
“For a long time I have been involved in disability advocacy. The disability community needs a place to gather for discussion around disability issues with a community willing to share information and experiences.
“We have a NDIS group for discussion about the NDIS but you don’t need to be eligible for the NDIS to participate.”
- Profile - personalise your profile with a profile image and cover photo, add in a few words about yourself, link to your personal blog and other social media - make sections visible to everyone, your friends, or just you, and post updates to the whole community or just your friends.
- Participate - you can read the activity of other members, comment and chat, create and respond to polls.
- Join groups - find people with common interests, share experiences, photos, stories, etc.
- MDM Club Members’ Blog - share your thoughts and see current issues, opinion pieces, and advocacy from writers with a disability.
There is also a premium membership option for extra benefits. MDM is actively seeking other partnerships to be able to help many more people.
The Benevolent Society is the major partner of My Disability Matters. See mydisabilitymatters.club.