There are days when, calories be damned, all you want to do is skip the acai bowl and eat chocolate.
The deliciously naughty variety poured all over pancakes, waffles, fried bananas and donuts.
Luckily, Wollongong has turned into a choc lovers’ paradise over the past few years, with a handful of dedicated dessert restaurants and caterers popping up to indulge an intensely sweet tooth ...
1. Cronut sandwich by the Donut Dealer at Eat Street Markets in Crown Street Mall on Thursday nights
2. Nutella crepes by Sisters Crepes at Eat Street Markets
3. Chocolate mousse with roasted hazelnuts, caramel popcorn and toffee by Bulli dessert caterer Sweet Petite
3. Nutella donuts at The Broken Drum in Fairy Meadow on Fridays
4. Gravity pancakes at Blu Orange Cafe on Cliff Road
5. Triple choc donut shake at Quay Canteen in Crown Street Mall
6. Churros snack pack with strawberries and bananas at San Churro Wollongong in Globe Lane
7. Cookies-and-cream ice-cream waffle drizzled with Belgian chocolate at Sugar Cube on Crown Street in Wollongong
8. Addictive praline cigar at Max Brenner Chocolate Bar in Wollongong Central
9. Chocolate pancakes at Foragers Markets at Bulli Showground on Sundays
10. Fried banana split at Happy Days Ice Cream food truck