City Coast Motorcycles is bringing the Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride back to Wollongong for a second year on September 30.
In 2017 more than 170 riders raised $20,578 on their classic and vintage motorcycles and this year the number of rides and fundraising target is expected to double.
The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride is a global event with machines rolling out on the one day in more than 650 cities around the world to try and do something about reducing the number of men who die too young.
Close to one million men lose their lives annually to suicide and prostate cancer. The ride involves men and women dressing in their finest attire to raise funds and awareness in conjunction with official charity partner, the Movember Foundation.
Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride facts:
- Founded in 2012 by Mark Hawwa, Sydney Australia.
- Raised over $13M USD for men’s health since 2013.
- 2018 target of $6M USD for prostate cancer and mental health programs.
- Over 120,000 riders will participate within 650 cities across 95 countries during the 2018 campaign
- Major rewards for fundraisers and donors including motorcycles and luxury watches from major partners Triumph Motorcycles and Zenith Watches