Tickets are now on sale for the 2018 IMB Bank Illawarra Business Awards.
The celebration of business achievement, innovation, entrepreneurship and leadership in the region is organised annually by the Illawarra Business Chamber.
There are 68 finalists in 17 award categories this year including Andrew Webb Family & Business Accounting, Dapto Leagues Club, Hotondo Southcoast Pty Ltd, Itree and Novotel Wollongong Northbeach in the Employer of Choice category.
Winners of 12 aligned categories will represent the Illawarra at the NSW Business Chamber State Awards later in the year.
Illawarra Business Chamber executive director Adam Zarth said a broad range of businesses from the region’s five local government areas are represented among the finalists.
“Including tourism, retail, hospitality, financial services, health and aged care, legal, export and manufacturing,” Mr Zarth said.
With the return of the sit down dining format last year the October 19 event will feature a three course menu with a French theme designed by chefs from Caveau, Cupitt's Winery and Stones Patisserie.
Tickets are available from Ticketmaster and the WIN Entertainment Centre box office.
2018 Illawarra Business Awards finalists
- Employer of Choice – Andrew Webb Family & Business Accounting, Dapto Leagues Club, Hotondo Southcoast Pty Ltd, Itree and Novotel Wollongong Northbeach.
- Excellence in Business – IOH Injury & Occupational Health Nowra Farmers Market Workways Australia
- Excellence in Customer Service – Aceit Sportswear Pty Ltd, Doreen Brown Consulting, Fibre Optics Design and Construct, IOH, IT&T, PhysioHealth and Sports Injury Clinic, Stellar Asia Pacific and Symbio Wildlife Park.
- Excellence in Export – Aceit Sportswear and Internetrix.
- Excellence in Innovation – Hyperbuild, Itree, Natalie Allan Consulting and Warrigal.
- Excellence in Retail & Hospitality – The Square and Uncle Joes Brew
- Excellence in Small Business – Aceit Sportswear, Boab Services, Fibre Optics Design and Construct, FinoComp, Highlands GeoExchange, My Travel Expert and PhysioHealth and Sports Injury Clinic.
- Excellence in Social Enterprise – Green Connect Illawarra
- Excellence in Sustainability – Cupitt’s, Dapto Leagues Club, Switched on Mechanical andSymbio Wildlife Park.
- Excellence in Tourism – Cupitt’s, Destination Southern Highlands, Novotel Wollongong Northbeach and WIN Sports & Entertainment Centre.
- Excellence in Workplace Inclusion – Greenacres Disability Services, Kimberlie & Co Cleaning, The Flagstaff Group and Uniting NSW.
- Outstanding Business Leader – Diana Foye of Foye Legal, Kylie Moffitt, of PhysioHealth and Sports Injury Clinic, Michael McKeogh, of Fibre Optics Design and Construct, and Terry Rayner of ANZ Mortgage Solutions South Coast & Southern Highlands.
- Outstanding Young Employee – Andrew Jackson of Itree, Elise Gooda of Think Tank Business Services, Joseph Felice of Crooked River Wines & Uncle Joes Brew Gerringong, Madeline Cross of GPT Wollongong Central, Matt George of Jamberoo Action Park.
- Outstanding Young Entrepreneur – Dale Berry of Peak Fitness Huskisson, Michael Collins of Strategic Development Group and Sarah Nolen of BirdBlack Design.
- Start Up Superstar – Headlands Hotel, m2 kitchen, molenaar + mcneice, Property Risk Australia and Sonder Youth.
- Wollongong City Centre Business – Accelo, Breakout Bar & Escape Rooms and IT&T.
- Local Chamber of Commerce – Corrimal Chamber of Commerce & Industry and Kiama & District Business Chamber