The Christchurch mosque terror attack has now claimed the lives of 50 people, with a further 50 people on the injured list.
"As of last night, we were able to take all of the victims from both of those scenes and in doing so, we have located a further victim," NZ Police Commissioner Mike Bush told reporters on Sunday.
A total of 36 people - two critical - remain in Christchurch Hospital, while a young girl is in Auckland's Starship children's hospital.
Mr Bush said it appeared all of the victims were linked to the two mosques.
"It's difficult to be conclusive, but my understanding is that even those that were killed outside that mosque were visiting the mosque."
Most of the dead were killed at the Masjid Al Noor mosque on Deans Avenue, before gunfire broke out at Linwood Masjid six kilometres away.
Australian man Brenton Harrison Tarrant, 28, formerly of the northern NSW town of Grafton, is the only person charged with murder from Friday's attack, confirmed as a terror attack by police.
He appeared in Christchurch court on Saturday where he faced one charge before he was remanded in custody. He is likely to face more before his next appearance on April 5.
NZ authorities believe there was only one shooter involved in the attack on the two mosques in Christchurch, the worst shooting in the country's history.
Police have been piecing together what's been described as a complex event.
Another man and a woman were arrested on Friday. After investigations, Mr Bush said the woman had been released without charge.
"The man in the vehicle has been charged with firearms offences. At this point, we do not believe that they were involved in these attacks," Mr Bush.
A third man has also been charged, but is not believed to have been directly involved in the attacks.
"What I can say is that an 18-year- old man will appear in court on Monday but that arrest was tangential to this matter and we do not believe that he was involved in this attack either," Mr Bush said.
A fourth person taken into custody has since been released.
'RUN!' NZ shooting victims recount horror
They had walked that once innocuous stretch of footpath side-by-side so many times.
Every Friday, Yasir Amin and his dad had ambled along the path towards the mosque where they prayed together in peace, a routine so serene and so ordinary that Amin was nearly blinded by confusion when the man drove up with the gun.
Amin and his father, Muhammad Amin Nasir, were just 200 metres from the Al Noor mosque on Friday when everything went wrong.
They had no idea that a white supremacist had just slaughtered at least 41 people inside the mosque's hallowed halls, or that more people would be killed at a second mosque soon after.
All they knew was that a car that had been driving by had suddenly stopped. And a man was leaning out the car's window, pointing a gun at them.
"RUN!" Amin screamed.
The bullets began to fly. The men began to run. But at 67, Nasir couldn't keep up with his 35-year-old son. And so he fell behind, by two or three fateful steps.
Amid the blasts, Amin turned to scream at his father to get down on the ground. But his father was already falling.
The gunman drove away. A pool of blood poured from Nasir's body.
"Daddy!" Amin screamed. "Daddy! DADDY!"
Amin had never seen anyone shot before. He left Pakistan for Christchurch five years ago and was embraced by a multicultural city that felt like the safest place on earth.
His father, who farms vegetables, wheat and rice back in Pakistan, also fell for the leafy green city at the bottom of the world.
And so Nasir began making routine visits to see his son, sometimes spending up to six months in New Zealand before returning to Pakistan to tend to his crops. Nasir had been in town only three weeks for his most recent visit when he was shot three times on the street of the city he had adopted as a second home.
From the ground, Nasir stared up at his son, unable to speak, tears running down his face. Amin ran to his car to grab his phone and called the police. Officers quickly arrived, and soon the father and son were in an ambulance racing to the hospital.
Nasir had always been more than just a dad to Amin. When Amin was just six, his mother died, leaving Nasir to raise him along with his four siblings. Nasir became both a father and a mother, a reliable source of laughter with a huge heart.
He embraced Amin's new community of New Zealand friends as if they were his own family. And in turn, the community embraced Nasir - so much so, that it initially confused him.
The elder man was baffled by the constant chipper greetings of "Hello!" he received whenever he dropped Amin's children off at school. Why do they keep saying that to me? he asked his son. Amused, Amin explained that the locals were simply trying to welcome him, their own version of the Arabic peace greeting, "As-Salaam-Alaikum."
Amin chuckled at the memory on Saturday, one day after he brought his father to the hospital. Nasir remains in an induced coma with critical injuries, though his condition has stabilised. The bullets pierced his shoulder, chest and back.
Like many other victims struggling to cope with the horrific events of Friday that left 49 dead, Amin made his way to Hagley College near the hospital.
The college was serving as a community centre for the grieving, and members of the public poured in with meals and drinks, doling out hugs and words of support to those in need.
Outside the college, Javed Dadabhai mourned for his gentle cousin, 35-year-old Junaid Mortara, who is believed to have died in the first mosque attack.
As of Saturday, many families were still waiting to find out if their loved ones were alive.
"He's very punctual, so he would've been there at a dime. He would've been there at 1.30," Dadabhai said, a reference to the time of the attack, which began soon after.
His cousin was the breadwinner of the family, supporting his mother, his wife and their three children, ages 1 to 5. Mortara had inherited his father's convenience store, which was covered in flowers on Saturday.
Though his relatives back in Pakistan now fret that New Zealand is too dangerous, Amin believes Christchurch is the safest place in the world.
Like Amin, Farid Ahmed refuses to turn his back on his adopted home. Ahmed lost his 45-year-old wife, Husna Ahmed, in the Al Noor mosque attack, when they split up to go to the bathroom.
The gunman livestreamed the massacre on the internet, and Ahmed later saw a video of his wife being shot dead. A police officer confirmed she had died.
Despite the horror, Ahmed - originally from Bangladesh - still considers New Zealand a great country.
"I believe that some people, purposely, they are trying to break down the harmony we have in New Zealand with the diversity," he said.
"But they are not going to win. They are not going to win. We will be harmonious."
Kristen Gelineau and Juliet Williams, Australian Associated Press