There are many variations we can incorporate in weight training to stimulate and activate muscle fibres differently. This is important in allowing our bodies to experience different types of stresses on the muscles which in turn creates a whole range of positive effects.
The many ways you can vary your weight training sessions include:
- Increase reps or sets on a particular exercise.
- Add the same muscle groups over a range of differing exercises.
- Decrease or increase the speed of the repetition on the concentric or eccentric phase.
- Reduce recovery time to increase fatigue in effort to recruit more muscle fibres.
- Vary your training weeks from heavy weights with less reps to lighter with more reps.
- Change up your exercises and perform movements that you wouldn't normally do in a safe and controlled manner.
Chodat Fitness are personal training and group outdoor training specialists. Visit chodatfitness.com.au for more information.