The daughter of a Kanahooka couple who died when Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 was shot down has waited five years for those responsible to be charged.
The Dutch-led Joint Investigation Team, which includes Australia, has named those accused of providing - and firing - the missile that struck the passenger plane as it flew over eastern Ukraine on July 17, 2014.
All 298 people on board the ill-fated flight including Carol and Michael Clancy were killed.
BBC is reporting Dutch investigators have accused and issued international arrest warrants for three Russians - Igor Girkin, Sergey Dubinsky and Oleg Pulatov - and Ukrainian Leonid Kharchenko of being involved.
Investigators are also set to lay a number of criminal charges.
The accused are likely to be Russian nationals or Moscow-aligned Ukrainians, who were fighting with Ukrainian government forces in the Battle of Shakhtarsk near Hrabove.
Jane Malcolm, daughter of Mrs Clancy, said she knew a development in the case was coming.
"It important to get the truth out but I don't expect those responsible to be punished or go to jail," she said.
"My parents should be enjoying their retirement with their grandchildren, who they never met. It is sad.
"It has been very difficult sitting around waiting for answers."
Investigators will also likely reveal on Wednesday whether the suspects intentionally shot down MH17 or accidentally pulled the trigger and subsequently tried to conceal their mistake.
Ms Malcolm said she and all the other families of victims had to endure "lies" from the Russian government.
"The information has been complete nonsense for the past five years," she said. "There was always a different story from the Russian government.
"It is not enough that they killed my parents but they have also tortured us for five years."
However, she has always been hopeful the truth would come out.
"I would like facts and evidence to be presented in a public forum in a criminal court," she said.
Ms Malcolm believes it was up to the individuals who fired the missile to had checked the airspace was clear of any passenger planes.
Investigators have already announced the Buk missile launcher used in the attack came from the Russian 53rd Anti-Aircraft Missile Brigade's base in the city of Kursk, about a day's drive over the border from the crash site.
The announcement, coming five years after the tragedy, will allow a case to finally be brought before the courts, likely in the Netherlands, and provide some solace for the victims' families.
Those killed include 38 Australians citizens and residents, 193 Dutch, 43 Malaysians, 12 Indonesians, 10 Britons and one New Zealander. The other passengers killed include Belgians, Germans, Filipinos and a Canadian.
Dutch and Australian officials held meetings with Russian counterparts behind closed doors earlier this year, but it's uncertain whether the suspects will be handed over to face the courts or be tried in absentia.
Ukraine's Deputy Foreign Minister for European Integration Olena Zerkal said last week that Russia had not responded to a formal request for legal assistance.
The downing of MH17 is the worst deliberately-caused air disaster since 2996 people were killed in the September 11 attacks in New York in 2001.
It is also the second-worst deliberately-caused plane crash in history after September 11.
-- with Australian Associated Press