Australian Shark Tank's #redshark and Big Red Group co-founder Naomi Simson shared her knowledge with business leaders at The Illawarra Connection on Tuesday.
She shared everything from how she got started as an entrepreneur to how the Big Red Group, with brands such as RedBalloon, Adrenaline, IfOnly, Albert AI and Redii.com, helps shift the way people experience life.
Ms Simson is an online marketplace and experience economy pioneer, prolific blogger and the co-founder of the third largest experience market place in the world.
Among the advise she shared was 'hope is not a strategy' and 'it is why we do business that makes the difference'.
In her case the why came from listening to customers.
She said all of us are in the experiences business. And spoke about the importance of customers talking about a business, promoting it and being advocates for it.
"We want them to advise us," she said.
"We want them to help us grow our businesses. We want to hear where they are going, what they are doing and what they find interesting".
- The Illawarra Connection starts 2019 with a new executive officer
- How a Wollongong startup is improving road safety
- University of Wollongong builds Illawarra connections while gaining global attention and recognition
- Nikki Gemmell the Gong Girl known around the globe for her literary work impresses all at The Illawarra Connection
- Geraldine Doogue addresses The IllawarraConnection dinner
- How Australian War Memorial director Brendan Nelson made it his mission to honour all servicemen and women
- Mark Bouris helps Illawarra Connection reminisce on 25 years of networking
- Author Nikki Gemmell captivates at Illawarra Connection dinner