A Wollongong jury has taken less than a day to find a man guilty of attempted murder following a stabbing on State of Origin night last year.
Walid Youssef denied allegations he thrust a knife once into Micky Chicharo's abdomen and twice into his chest during a confrontation between the two men inside a Unanderra house on the evening of June 24, 2018.
The incident left Mr Chicharo fighting for life in hospital.
When asked by police who had inflicted the injuries, Mr Chicharo initially lied to detectives, claiming he had been attacked by a random person while stopped in his vehicle at an intersection.
However, six weeks later, he revealed that Youssef had been his attacker.
He told police - and gave evidence during Youseff's NSW District Court trial this week - that he'd been too frightened of Youssef to tell the truth at the time.
He also picked Youssef out of a photo line up.
Youssef's lawyers said their client denied inflicting any injuries on Mr Chicharo, claiming he wasn't even at the house that evening.
However, the jury ultimately rejected Youssef's version of events and found him responsible for the stabbing.
They returned a verdict of guilty on a charge of causing wounding or grievous bodily harm with intent to murder just after 9.30 on Friday morning after retiring to consider their verdict at 3pm on Thursday.
Earlier in the week, Mr Chicharo said he and the home's owner, Cameron Kelly, were preparing to watch game two of State of Origin when Youssef entered the house and immediately accused him of "snitching".
"He said 'put your head down when you look at me you dog'," Mr Chicharo told the court from the witness box.
Mr Chicharo told Youssef he didn't know what he was talking about, however the pair got into a "scuffle" in Mr Kelly's loungeroom.
Mr Kelly told them to take it outside. Mr Chicharo said as he went to walk out, Youssef grabbed a steak knife from the coffee table and stabbed him in the abdomen.
He said he fell down and was stabbed twice more before Youssef left the house.
"I thought I was going to die," Mr Chicharo said.
Youssef remains behind bars and will appear before Acting Judge Paul Conlon in the NSW District Court in Sydney on November 1 for a sentencing hearing.