Students from two Illawarra high schools and Wollongong TAFE have returned to their classrooms after a bomb threat saw them evacuated from site buildings earlier on Monday.
Students from Wollongong High School of the Performing Arts (WHSPA), Keira High School and the nearby TAFE campus at Wollongong were evacuated about 11am.
Police searched the grounds with the help of the dog squad and declared the sites safe just after noon on Monday. Students have returned to their classes.
A police spokeswoman said WHSPA received the bomb threat via email on Monday morning, with students evacuated from Keira High and the TAFE campus as a precaution. Staff at Office Works were also evacuated from their building.
Students from WHSPA congregated on the school's sports field.
"An alarm went off and teachers had no idea what was happening and then the deputy told us that they received an email about a bomb," a student told the Mercury.
It's understood Year 11 English exams are being held on Monday.
A spokeswoman for the Department of Education said the schools followed the safety advice provided.
"The principals would like to commend students and staff for promptly following all safety procedures and their behaviour while police conducted their investigations," she said.
Police inquiries are continuing