Shellharbour Club's annual New Year's Eve fireworks display has been cancelled amid bushfire concerns.
The club will instead donate $20,000 towards fire relief efforts.
The club has made the decision for "community safety reasons" as the board says the "risks related to bushfires [were] still very much a concern".
Club executive officer Debbie Cosmos said after seeing the devastation caused by bushfires in other parts of the state, the dangers posed by dry conditions far outweighed the experience of a fireworks display.
"Considering the significant loss and devastation experienced during the current bushfire season and the fact the Club is a designated evacuation centre in a state of emergency, this was an easy decision for the Board and Management," she said.
"Assisting impacted communities is our number one priority and the Club will make significant donations to assist those currently doing it tough."
In lieu of the fireworks display, Shellharbour Workers' Club will donate $20,000 towards bushfire and drought relief efforts including $10,000 to the NSW Rural Fire Service and $10,000 towards Litres for the Land Appeal which sees water transported to the bush and provided to farms and families that need it the most.
There will also be collection tins located throughout the club for residents to make donations.
Mrs Cosmos said the club's other celebrations on New Year's Eve would continue despite the fireworks cancellation.
There will be free live entertainment from 6pm and a Mad Hatters Party for families including free kids entertainment, face painting and more than 500 balloons will be dropped in the precinct on the night.
Meanwhile, Shellharbour City councillors will vote on Tuesday night to cancel the Carols by Candlelight fireworks at Reddall Reserve on December 6.
Cr Kellie Marsh has proposed the council will fulfill its contractual agreement and pay the fireworks company $4400 but ask it to not to go ahead with the display.
Then the council will donate another $4400 to Shellharbour Rural Fire Service brigades.
On the back of Cr Marsh's proposal last week, Wollongong Lord Mayor Gordon Bradbery said the city's fireworks at New Year's Eve and Australia Day would go ahead and believes there are other ways to raise funds and support the state's hard working fire services.