On Friday, a 75 year-old man with COVID-19 has passed away in Wollongong Hospital, the latest NSW Health update reveals.
An Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District spokesperson confirmed the death of the man from complications related to COVID-19.
"The 75-year-old man had previously been diagnosed with COVID-19 before being admitted to Wollongong Hospital where he passed away on April 3," the spokesperson said.
"The patient was a passenger of Ovation of the Seas. In respecting patient privacy, no further details will be provided.
"The Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District offers its sincere condolences to family and friends," a statement said.
The number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the region has surpassed 100 on Friday, with cases jumping to 103.
The public health unit is now contacting close contacts of the four new cases diagnosed in the 24 hours to 8.30am on Friday, and asking them to self-isolate for 14 days from last contact.
Of the 103 cases, 50 are men and 53 women. Twenty-one are aged 60 to 69; 20 are 70 to 79; and there's 14 each in the 40 to 49 and 50 to 59 age groups.
Younger people are also affected with nine cases aged 30 to 39 years; 12 are 20 to 29 and there's two under 20. There's 11 aged over 80.
As at 8pm Thursday, of the 94 cases confirmed at that time in the district, 47 were in the Wollongong LGA, 24 in the Shoalhaven LGA, 19 in Shellharbour and one to four cases in Kiama.