There have been no new cases of COVID-19 cases confirmed as of Tuesday morning in the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District as the Prime Minister announced elective surgeries would resume next week.
Of the 114 cases, two patients are being cared for in Wollongong Hospital.
Meanwhile, across the state, as at 8pm, Monday, an additional six cases of COVID-19 have been diagnosed since 8pm April 19, bringing the total to 2,969. During that time, 2,502 people were tested.
NSW Health has confirmed 1,755 people in the state have recovered from COVID-19.
NSW Health staff have begun contacting all people infected with COVID-19 at three weeks after their illness to ask them about their symptoms and to find out how long it takes to recover.
Cases whose symptoms have resolved are asked to report the date this occurred. Cases who still have symptoms are called every two weeks until symptoms have resolved.
A preliminary analysis on information collected from over 2,000 case interviews showed 50 per cent of cases had recovered after 16 days, 75 per cent recovered after 3 weeks and 95 per cent had recovered after 6 weeks.
Older people were found to take longer to recover than younger people.
The number of people recovered in the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District have not been released.
There have been no new cases on board the Ruby Princess nor any new cases of crew members in NSW Health facilities.
On Tuesday, the Prime Minister announced the national cabinet had agreed to lift restrictions on elective surgeries after Anzac Day because more personal protective equipment had been secured.
"This will not mean an immediate return to normal with elective surgery but a gradual restart subject to capacity and other constraints that may exist in each region," Scott Morrison said.
He announced restrictions on all category two or equivalent procedures in the private sector as well as selected category three procedures or equivalent would be eased.
These procedures include IVF, screening programs that had ceased, post cancer reconstruction procedures such as breast reconstruction and dental work such as fitting dentures, braces, non-high speed drilling and basic fillings.
All procedures for children under 18, all joint replacements, cataract and eye procedures as well as all endoscopy and colonoscopy procedures would resume.
A further review of the elective surgery restrictions would be carried out by May 11.
"This is an important decision because it marks another step on the way back. There is a road back. There is a road ahead," Mr Morrison said.
Our COVID-19 news articles relating to public health and safety are free for anyone to access. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.