THE NBL remains committed to meeting the outstanding player payments at the Illawarra Hawks after the club was placed in voluntary administration last month.
In a statement released on Monday afternoon, the league said players began receiving their salary and superannuation entitlements last month and that "all payments will be met in full."
It comes after The Mercury revealed on Sunday that administrators estimated Hawks players and staff were owed more than $750,000 in entitlements after former owner Simon Stratford placed the club into administration on April 2.
Placing the club into administration prompted the NBL to take back the Hawks license, with all player and staff contracts terminated.
On taking back license from Stratford on April 3, the NBL stated publicly that it was: "in discussions with the Australian Basketball Players' Association to address the issue of outstanding player entitlements for the 2019-20 season."
Administrator Michael Jones made reference to those comments in his report dated May 8 but said he had "not been contacted by anyone from the NBL about outstanding entitlements, whether for the Company's staff or its players."
The report also said that early discussions about entering a Deed of Company Arrangement that would "ensure the succession of the Company and the Illawarra Hawks team," had not come fruition.
"I had a number of telephone calls with Mr Larry Kestelman of the NBL, about furthering the Director's discussions and ensuring the continuity of the team," Mr. Jones wrote.
"Whilst initial discussions with Mr Kestelman and the NBL suggested that we had similar goals, it now appears that steps have been taken to transfer the Company's former licence to a new entity."
The NBL is still considering ownership bids for the new Hawks entity and is believed to be nearing an agreement with former Next Star LaMelo Ball and Illawarra businessman Tory Lavalle.
"The NBL is continuing discussions with a number of interested parties as it looks to finalise the new ownership structure of the Hawks," Monday's NBL statement said.
"Three players who had contracts with the Hawks for next season - Sunday Dech, Sam Froling and Angus Glover - have been offered the opportunity to fulfill these contracts with the club and discussions with them are ongoing."
Hawks interim GM Mat Campbell said he remained hopeful of retaining the three young guns but, having raised their stocks last season, and with now owner or coach yet in place, the trio will no doubt be tempted to explore free agency when it opens on July 1.