It looked almost like any normal Saturday at North Wollongong this weekend, as groups of friends and families got out to enjoy their newfound freedoms.
After being off-limits for nearly two months, the regional playground at Stuart Park was busy, with dozens of children and parents spread out across the equipment.
And while they were not strictly following the official advice from NSW Health and councils - which has suggested only 10 people, kids and adults included, should be on any playground - most appeared to be staying apart and playing in family groups.
People have been advised to use hand sanitiser before and after playing on equipment.
Walking nearby, Rachel Silm and Glenn Duggan were out with their four children, enjoying their ability be to out and about more freely.
"Freedom definitely comes to mind, but also being cautious of your health," Mr Duggan said.
"We've become really conscious of knowing where you are in relation to other people around you, because if we don't take that individual responsibility, we'll get back to where we were."
Ms Silm said the family were hoping to eventually take advantage of being able to dine out, but planned to spend this weekend supporting local businesses with takeaway food and picnics.
"We thought it would be nice to go out to dinner tonight, but with four kids, I thought we won't be able to get in anywhere and we take up a lot of space," she said.
Also at Stuart Park, a group of women who meet regularly for early morning winter swims at the nearby Gentlemens Baths, were enjoying their first face-to-face coffee catch up since the pandemic began.
Sitting arm's length apart on camping chairs brought from home, they were still aware of the need to social distance, but said it was a relief to get offline and into the fresh air.
"It's great, because on Zoom it's difficult to hear everyone and properly catch up," Rae Willsmore said.
In Saturday's health press conference, NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard announced there had been three new cases overnight and said he was "pleased that the community are now getting out and about and enjoying our new freedoms".
"But the sacrifices that people have made do need to be at the forefront of our mind when we are moving about," he said.
He said he had seen numerous examples in Sydney of "a lot of people who are not actually adhere to social distancing message" and that "that's not COVID safe, that's COVID dangerous".
"We need to remember that this virus is still amongst us, this virus is still extremely dangerous," he said.
"We need vigilance and we need to make sure the sacrifice we have all endured in the last few months sees positive outcomes going forward. The new normal, the new normal is to enjoy the new freedoms and enjoy them in a sensible way."
NSW Health's Dr Jeremy McAnulty also said the three cases, which all emerged in Sydney, did not mean people should become complacent on testing.
"We do know that the virus is bubbling underneath the surface, and the really important messages that people get tested if they have any symptoms at all," he said.
"We know that the virus is still swirling around the world. It is a major issue which causes havoc in many countries. We have been really lucky in Australia and New South Wales, we have been able to suppress it.
"To continue suppressing it we need to follow the public health advice: social distancing, high rates of testing in New South Wales -we want to keep it high so that even people with the most moderate or mild symptoms come forward for testing."