Edmund Rice College will be among many private schools and possibly state schools returning to full time classes on May 25.
Principal Peter McGovern said Edmund Rice was certainly not the only one and was well prepared.
"We have had a staggered return last week and this week," he said.
"Year 12 came back Monday last week full time. And we had a different Year in each day.
"We just feel with all the hygiene and social distancing practices in place it is safe as we can make it. I can't read the future but we feel comfortable with what we are doing in terms of the kids. I don't have any major concerns about bringing them back full time. I think the time is right to do it".
Mr McGovern said Edmund Rice College had spent considerable time making sure everything is ready for all 1060 students to return. That has included putting more resources into cleaning and hygiene.
"We have hand sanitiser in every room. We have it at the entrance as they come in each morning. They are actually washing their hands every period. We have everything in place we can".
Mr McGovern said the school has been in constant contact with parents who have all been advised about the latest decision.
"They are good about it. I haven't had any real concerns raided. The staff are fully supportive too."
Mr McGovern said being a regional high school the buses tended not to all arrive at the same time so that should not be a problem. He said the timetable for the HSC exams being pushed back five days will help.
It means the boys in Year 12 will attend school until the end of Term 3 so they are there a little longer to make up from some of the class time they have missed.
- New Times Tables app developed at iAccelerate uses animation to educate and make mathematics easy
- KidzWish grants wishes to two families with help from the community
- Smooth start to gradual return of dining in for up to 10 people at a time on Friday in Wollongong and Shellharbour
- North Gong Hotel and Steelers Club to wait until more than 10 people are allowed to frequent pubs and clubs
- Why some Illawarra eateries are holding off plans to open for dine-in on Friday
Our COVID-19 news articles relating to public health and safety are free for anyone to access. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.